Healthy and glowing skin is something that everyone wants! Getting radiant skin comes from a combination of several important things including my 7 essential tips for healthy, glowing skin that should be done regularly to keep your skin in excellent condition. Make sure you don’t miss these tips! They’re at the end of this post after my review.
When I recently made the move to San Diego, one of the necessary things on my to-do list was finding a holistic spa with organic treatments to help me take great care of my skin. Over the years I have dealt with eczema, digestive issues, rashes, hyperpigmentation, and burns that have all affected my skin health and made me realize the importance of taking excellent care of your skin and treating it both inside and out to keep it healthy and glowing!
When Dana Vo owner of DermaUtopia holistic medical skin care spa in La Jolla invited me to her spa to receive her signature organic derma relax facial and organic microdermabrasion, I had to go! Dana is a biochemist, experienced esthetician, passionate practitioner of holistic skin care and a loving mother of two sweet girls. Dana and her clinical esthetician Michelle believe in a holistic approach to beauty that starts from the inside out. Dana and Michelle are friendly, caring, and extremely knowledgeable about what it takes to get and maintain beautiful, healthy skin.
Dana is a walking testimonial that her holistic and organic skin treatments work because her skin is healthy and glowing without the use of any makeup or fillers. From the moment I sat down to tea with her and we started to get to know each other better, I knew we shared a similar passion for holistic health and natural beauty!
Dana’s beautiful and relaxing holistic medical skin care spa offers a variety of very effective organic skin treatments and organic medical grade and professional products created by both a biochemist and medical doctor that are based on holistic principles. Check out the video below to see a close up look inside her spa and learn more about their skin care philosophy.
Some of DermaUtopia’s unique services include organic microdermabrasion treatments with non-toxic pharmaceutical grade baking soda crystals and a signature organic derma relax facial for the treatment and prevention of acne, sensitive skin issues, hyperpigmentation, rosacea, and premature aging. They also offer collagen induction therapy, body wraps, waxing and stretch mark reduction treatments.
Michelle is DermaUtopia’s experienced clinical esthetician who did my skin care treatments. Michelle is an expert at giving your skin the pampering it needs to be radiant and healthy! Michelle begin my treatment by having me drink some spring water to be hydrated. Then she cleansed my skin with a special, soft organic cloth before doing the organic microderm treatment. Doing this ensures that you get the best results with their unique microderm machine. The major difference between DermaUtopia’s organic microderm treatment and other spas is that their machine uses pharmaceutical grade baking soda crystals that are non-toxic, gentle to the skin and antibacterial.
These special baking soda crystals minimize pore size and stimulate collagen to help you get firm, radiant skin. This unique machine can also be used to perform spot treatments for hyperpigmentation, acne scars and blackheads too. After Michelle finished the microderm procedure, she finished with their thick collagen moisturizer to help with tightening of the skin and to prevent sagging. Next she applied their customized organic oxygen revitalizing cleanser and then their exfoliating coffee bean and blueberry scrub for deeper cleaning. Next she sprayed my face with their lovely ginseng toner to bring back the PH balance to my skin.
She applied the first mask to calm down my skin after the microdermabrasion treatment. While the mask was working, she did a relaxing European facial massage along with a hand and foot massage using pure essential oils. Then she removed the first mask and applied a recovery mask to help nourish and hydrate my skin. This last mask really allows the skin to breath and my skin felt so soft and smooth after she applied it!
Michelle finished my wonderful treatment by applying their signature stem cellular bio-therapy moisturizer, eye cream, and a 50 SPF medical grade physical mineral sunblock. These last 3 steps are also part of DermaUtopia’s 7 step at home skin care regime. Dana created this specialized and very effective skin care regime that includes 7 steps done in 7 minutes to help all of her clients keep their skin healthy and radiant in between monthly microderm and facial treatments. The steps include use of her customized and proven organic line of products.
Here’s DermaUtopia’s at home skin care regime
- Cleanse your skin with their customized organic oxygen revitalizing cleanser.
- Exfoliate your skin with their blueberry and coffee bean scrub and follow the scrub with their ginseng mineral toner.
- Apply 2 drops of their Vitamin C brightening serum and 2 drops of Wrinkle Ultimate Hyaluronic Acid serum.
- Apply their Stem Cellular Bio-Therapy Moisturizer.
- Apply Triple Eye Serum around the upper and lower eye area.
- Use their Vitamin C Sunscreen or Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 50.
- Twice per week alternate between a hydrating skin mask and a firming mask. You can try DermaUtopia’s Recovery Aloe and Azulene masque and their AHA Mint Masque.
My skin felt wonderful and looked so great after all this fantastic pampering and it was glowing and nourished too! If you live in San Diego, I highly recommend that you make an appointment to visit DermaUtopia’s holistic medical skin care spa so you can get healthy, glowing skin! You will love it! They also recently added mobile spa services too so you can book a party for all of your friends and enjoy a day of pampering in the comfort of your own home.
Now that I’ve shared my beautiful experience with my skin care treatments and lovely day of pampering at DermaUtopia in San Diego, I want to give you my 7 essential tips for healthy, glowing skin.
If you want to try doing your own microdermabrasion at home check out this review by Thank Your Skin for the best personal microdermabrasion machines to try.
Visit this link: https://www.thankyourskin.com/best-microdermabrasion-machine/
7 Essential Tips for Healthy, Glowing Skin
- Hydrate your skin every day with pure spring or filtered water and healthy beverages like Matcha green tea and fermented drinks like coconut water kefir. Doing so will help keep your skin clear and moisturized.
- Heal your gut. Maintaining a healthy microbiome is so vital for beautiful skin and overall health. Eating probiotic-rich foods like fermented sauerkraut, kimchi, coconut water kefir, and taking a probiotic that contains soil-based organisms and prebiotics is so important. Doing this will populate your gut with good bacteria that will fight against viruses, parasites and bad bacteria that cause so many health and skin issues. Click here to find out about one of my favorite probiotics.
- Eat healthy fats rich in essential fatty acids to keep your skin moisturized from the inside out. These healthy fats also protect the skin from chronic inflammation. Some of the best choices include avocados and avocado oil, wild salmon, sardines, virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, pasture-raised ghee and butter, walnuts, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds. Avoid chemical and GMO-filled oils like canola, cottonseed, and soybean.
- Cut refined sugar from your diet and eat antioxidant-rich leafy greens, vegetables, berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, herbs, and spices that have important nutrients that fight premature aging, support collagen rebuilding, and help protect the skin from free radical damage. Excess sugar in your bloodstream causes premature aging in your skin from a process known as glycation. These excess sugar molecules react with protein molecules and cross-link which produces new sugar proteins called advanced glycation end products that age your skin.
- Make regular monthly visits to an experienced skin care expert and holistic medical spa like DermaUtopia in La Jolla, California that uses non-toxic, organic skin care treatments and high performance, organic skin products that will help you maintain healthy, radiant skin.
- Protect your skin from sun damage by being smart when going outdoors and using a good non-toxic organic sunblock every day. Here’s one of my favorites that I recommend.
- Get restful sleep for at least 7-8 hours per night and learn ways to manage your stress with meditation, deep breathing and self-care. Here’s some of my juicy tips for blissful sleep.
I hope my 7 essential tips tips for healthy, glowing skin will help you enjoy the beautiful skin you truly deserve!
Have you ever gone to a holistic medical skin care spa for organic beauty treatments? Please contribute to the conversation by leaving a comment below.
Join our holistic community by liking my Facebook page, following me on Twitter, pinning with me on Pinterest, and joining me on Instagram to get all the latest healthy recipes, natural health tips, event notifications, and helpful information on increasing your energy, strength, and immunity with healing whole foods and holistic lifestyle solutions.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for DermaUtopia Holistic Medical Skin Care Spa. I was under no obligation to write a positive review. The review and opinions expressed about DermaUtopia are based on my own experience with their products and services.