Carrot Apple Ginger Soup is a lovely soup recipe perfect for satisfying your hunger without making you feel heavy or tired after eating it. This powerhouse soup is nutrient-dense and a great choice for assisting your body with clearing out toxins and waste. Vibrant carrots, apple, white onion, celery, ginger, cinnamon, and vegetable broth are slowly simmered over low heat until tender and then puréed which creates a creamy soup that tastes sumptuous without the addition of heavy cream or butter.
For me there is nothing more comforting or inviting than enjoying a bowl of hot soup when the weather turns chilly. Blended soups are really easy to make and the cooking and blending process helps breaks down the fiber in the vegetables and fruits which make them much easier for your body to digest.
Carrots are a carotene-rich vegetable that has a sweet earthy flavor that blends well with other vegetables and fruits. Carrots are a powerful source of antioxidants and phytonutrients which fight inflammation and free radicals while strengthening your immunity. Carrots also contain potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C all important nutrients for staying healthy. When carrots are eaten on a regular basis they help support the liver and provide important nutrients which help the body to eliminate fat soluble toxins.
Apples add a lovely sweetness that is wonderful in blended soups that use carrots, celery, and ginger, all flavors that mix perfectly with their delicate flavor. Apples contain powerful phytochemicals and antioxidants which help rejuvenate and protect your body. Apples are also packed with fiber that helps stimulates the bowels to remove toxins from your body making it a fantastic intestinal cleanser. The high level of pectin in apples is wonderful for helping people with IBS and other digestive disorders.
Ginger brings a spicy warm flavor note to this soup which really enhances the carrot and apple. Ginger is a potassium-rich rhizome which is excellent for stimulating digestion and bile flow, relieving nausea, and protecting our bodies from inflammation.
Cinnamon adds just the right amount of warm spice flavor to this soup blend while giving the added benefit of helping your body keep your blood sugar stable.
What are some of your favorite soups? Please take a moment to contribute to the conversation by leaving a comment below.
If you liked this detox recipe be sure to check out our new detox cleanse program.
This brand new radiance holistic detox cleanse program will help you become your most radiant self in 2014! I’m so excited to share this detox cleanse with all of you because it does not involve water fasting, only drinking juices, deprivation, or extreme detox diets that are too hard to follow or stick with. You will be enjoying delectable whole foods recipes like the ones on my blog that are designed to help fight toxins, reduce chronic inflammation, and help you lose weight effortlessly while you get clean and radiant!
Our new easy-to-follow wellness program includes over 70+ mouthwatering detox recipes, a step by step detox guide, daily suggested meals, shopping lists, my best emotional detox tips, personal care product recommendations, and some amazing bonus gifts from our fabulous partners! This program will help you get fast results and maximum benefits in a short period of time. The radiance holistic detox cleanse is now available! Click here to check it out!
If you enjoyed this post, please check out my new cookbook that’s packed with 154 tasty healing foods recipes and over 50 pages of holistic lifestyle tips for more energy and better immunity! Deliciously Holistic is for sale on Amazon right now!
Join our holistic community by signing up for our email updates, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and pin with us on Pinterest to get all the latest healthy recipes, health tips, event notifications, and helpful information on increasing your energy, strength, and immunity with healing whole foods and holistic lifestyle solutions.
Carrot Apple Ginger Soup
Vegan, Paleo, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free
Makes 2-4 servings
1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
¼ cup chopped white onion
1 chopped organic celery stalk
Unrefined sea salt to taste
2 teaspoons grated ginger
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1½ pounds organic carrots- cut into 1-inch rounds
1 large organic red delicious or Fuji apple-cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
4 cups organic vegetable broth or stock*
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup organic coconut milk-preservative free
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Place coconut oil in a medium size pot and heat over medium heat until melted and hot. Add chopped white onion, chopped celery, and sea salt to taste. Cook over medium heat until tender around 4-5 minutes.
2. Add grated ginger, cinnamon, carrot rounds, apple cubes, vegetable broth, and fresh ground black pepper to the pot. Cook soup over medium heat stirring occasionally until carrots and apple cubes are tender, around 30-40 minutes.
3. Scoop cooked vegetables and apple from the soup into a high speed blender and add coconut milk. Put top on the blender and hold top down with a towel or pot holder while you blend the hot vegetables/fruit to prevent the blender top from popping off. Blend vegetables and fruit until smooth and pour back into soup pot. If you have an immersion blender, you can just blend all the ingredients in the pot.
4. Stir soup until well combined and heat on low heat until hot but not boiling. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Stir in fresh lemon juice right before serving. Pour into soup bowl and enjoy hot.
5. Pour remaining soup into a heatproof container and cool slightly. Cover soup with a lid before placing in the refrigerator. Reheat soup for the dinner meal over medium-low heat.
*You can also use chicken bone broth or stock in this recipe for a nutrient-rich variation.